skip to Main Content

Food Poisoning Strikes Assam’s Kampur: Four Hospitalized, Suspected Expired Oil in Market Eatables

At least four individuals from Majarati village in Kampur, Nagaon district, Assam, were hospitalized after experiencing symptoms of food poisoning on Thursday. The group of youths had consumed food items in the market, leading to nausea and vomiting shortly afterward. Identified as Putu Nath, Hirak Jyoti Bhuyan, Dipmoni Bora, and Champak Bora, they were promptly taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Preliminary reports suggest that expired oil used in preparing fritters and other items at a market food stall might be the cause. An investigation into the incident is underway, with further details awaited.

Back To Top